- International or national individuals or teams
- New ideas in the three focus fields of financial and economic literacy with a goal of concretization
- Methods that already work and were proven useful at one point and now want to move to the next level (implementation not longer than two years)
- Result-driven approach to develop your idea together with national and international experts
- Interdisciplinary workshop setting moderated by Matthias Strolz
- International networking synergies with the MEGA and EFA communities
- 3-day ticket to the EFA 2022 and accommodation
- Seed capital for the two best ideas (€5.000 each) & access to the MEGA growth accelerator (MEGA Academy)
While the world is changing at breakneck speed and slipping from one crisis into the next, many parts of our society tend to be left behind and unsettled by global events. For people with limited financial and educational opportunities, it is particularly difficult to make independent decisions and pave their way into self-confident adulthood. This requires a strengthening of competencies in the area of finance and economics that is sustainable and enables people to understand global conditions and their scope for action. This is where the MEGA Hackathon comes in: For the upcoming Hackathon edition we are looking for project ideas that focus on one of the following target groups and issues:
How can we reach children and young people in a low-threshold way to promote their financial and economic literacy? Which initiatives, projects, and services increase the economic and financial literacy of children from socially disadvantaged backgrounds in particular?
How do contemporary lifelong learning offers in the field of economic and financial education look like? How do we integrate financial and economic education into issues of sustainable living, personal wealth creation, and ecological footprint? What answers do we have in the field of financial and economic education in the context of growing social inequality in our societies?
How can we keep knowledge on economic, financial and capital market topics up to date for seniors in order to ensure their participation in our fast-moving world?
- Who is welcome to submit an idea?￼
- At what stage of development does my idea need to be?￼
- Is the participation in the Hackathon free of charge?￼
- How does the selection process for the ideas look like?￼
- How does the evaluation criteria look like?￼
- What happens to my idea if I win the prize money?￼
- Who do I continue to work with on my idea? ￼
- What is expected from the ideas?￼
- How can I submit an idea?￼
- May I submit if a project of mine is already funded by the MEGA Bildungsstiftung?￼
- Am I allowed to visit the overall program of the European Forum Alpbach 2022?￼