According to Austria’s financial education strategy and several other stakeholder’s findings, younger generations have less financial knowledge and engage in riskier and less forward-looking behavior than other age groups. Further, every fourth client of debt counseling centers is under 30 years of age and has consumer debts of around 30,000 euros. It is clear there is a great need for broad, innovative concepts of how to tackle financial literacy starting at school.
How can we strengthen the financial and economic skills of Europe´s young generations while using the potential of technology and innovation?
Projects and initiatives operating outside of Austria/Germany/Switzerland are invited to take part at this year’s MEGA Hackathon.
- International (outside Austria, Germany, Switzerland) individuals or teams working on financial and economic literacy in the educational field
- Methods that already work and were proven useful at one point and now want to move to the next level
- Result-driven approach to further develop your concept together with national and international experts
- Interdisciplinary workshop setting moderated by Matthias Strolz
- International networking synergies with the MEGA and EFA communities
- 3-day ticket to the EFA 2023 and accommodation
- Acceleration grant for the two best teams (€5.000 each) & access to the MEGA growth accelerator (MEGA Academy)
Community hike followed by public fireside talk with speaker (tbd.)
Public event with crowd-voting at CCA – Alpbach selecting TOP2 winner projects